Heather’s ‘Under Milk Wood’ piece, which was featured on the blog late last year, has been in an exhibition hosted by Cass Art. The show called ‘Vision’ was on over the last weekend in Hoxton, East London and Heather’s piece draw quite a bit of attention..!
Heather now has a separate website for her papercuts – http://www.heathermillsdesign.co.uk
So go have a look.
Turntable of Bike Accident scene.
Software used: Maya
The is my current Showreel with Breakdown, which consists of one shot called Bike Accident.
In this shot I have demonstrated:
Animation (front wheel and pedal)
Rendering using Mental Ray
Special Thanks to Nicci Gelnar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for her help doing the compositing and breakdown.
Finally had the chance to read ‘The Type Taster’ by Sarah Hyndman. Fascinating read looking at how typography is viewed and used in the world. Definite must have for any typo enthusiast! Check her out on Twitter @typetasting and her blog.
#typography #font #sarahhyndman #thetypetaster
Bit of front room DIY #filming! Massive thank you to Nicci Gelnar, @gelnsy #compositor #filmmaker extraordinaire.
Watch this space… Specifically where the chrome and grey balls are. #3D #greyball #chromeball #VFX @escapestudios
Bring on the world or VFX. Thanks to @escapestudios. I am now a proud 3D TD VFX artist. Now the fun really starts!
Whilst developing my showreel here are some shots of the modelling that will go in my reel; the Pioneer SE 305 headphones, a Peugeot road bike from the 70’s, and an dynamics sequence titled ‘Storm in a Teacup’.
A1 handmade papercut artwork, inspired by the opening lines of Dylan Thomas’ ‘Under Milk Wood’.
Heather created this piece over a period of 3 months, her largest piece so far.
In a career change, and adding 3D/VFX to my portfolio, I have enrolled at @EscapeStudios for a 18 week intensive course in Advanced 3D. This has been quite a learning curve, and I can’t quite believe how much I’ve learn in the past 5 weeks. Feels like months!
Here is a few examples of the projects I have covered in these past weeks:
Our first project looked at parenting parts together to make it easier to control groups of objects, like limbs, and position them to create poses – like this chap… Many of the initial tutorials we went through used Nurbs and curves to build objects…In fact we spent almost the whole first week on it!Then there was a chairHeadphones…And a Mustang plane… didn’t get as far as the propeller. We had to UV this later, that was fun!Probably the most interesting project was to model a face from scratch using reference images. The topography was fascinating, and then discovering the sculpting tool!Next up we start our own project…